blog feedback and learner response

Create a new blogpost called 'Blog feedback and learner response' and copy and paste ALL your feedback below - WWW/EBI/LR. Read your feedback carefully and discuss any issues with me if something doesn't make sense. Then, complete the learner response tasks in the blogpost below your feedback.

WWW: This is a mixed picture – your reception theory work on the RBK advert is very good but you’re also missing quite a bit. Your blog is pretty disorganised and out of sync – plus you’re missing some work. If you can add organisation and workload to the flashes of insight you offer in places then you could make a success of Media.

EBI: There are several issues to address here. Firstly, you are missing key aspects of the work: the ‘reading an image’ is missing – is it in drafts? You must have done it because you’ve completed the reception theory work that followed afterwards.

1) The icon/index/symbol task feels very rushed – there is nowhere near enough detail here for A Level (this is a shame as you’ve picked some interesting texts but said nothing about them). In terms of time, I don’t see a great deal of evidence on your blog that you are putting in the five hours of homework in the subject each week. In fact, most of what is on your blog could have been done in lesson time. Without putting in the extra time you won’t get close to a top grade in the subject – this is an important lesson to learn early on.

I will improve my semiotics work by going back and checking over my work to see areas which i have done greater analysis on e.g. The last two images which need further analysis.

2) Be careful with audience – just because the Daily Mail EU cover is a political story doesn’t mean it is read by politicians or businesses. In fact, you probably describe the audience for the Times instead – the Daily Mail is read largely by middle England women.

I could improve my work by choosing a news paper which caters for a wider ranger of commuters so my analysis doesn't appear to less considerate of both genders.

3) LR: Update your blog to make sure all missing work is completed. Then, reflect on your work in A Level Media so far. What has gone wrong – is this a technical blog issue or a lack of organisation? How will you learn from these mistakes to re-direct your progress back towards that A grade? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

So far I believe media awards is going well in regards to the theory work we do in class. The areas we have covered in lessons have been interesting as I'm now able to consider different aspects of media language which attract me within certain movies and tv shows that i watch. In order for me to make my media blog work, I need to make sure I answer questions to the best of my ability to show of the skills I've learnt in lessons and work on my time keeping to ensure work is on in time. I can learn from my mistakes by learning from others that have greater media knowledge which I can then learn from and improve. I need to develop my editing skills so that my work appears more professional and of a high standard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brand values task 100-10-1

Weekly media news 1 - Daily Mail

Blog task: Score advert and wider reading